Today I went back through my old Facebook posts. Some were embarrassing, but most of them made me feel grateful. Grateful because I have always loved LIFE! As I thought about the last 9 years, these are a few things I've learned.
- You can never truly understand or know what one person is feeling or going through.
- Life is not a competition.
- Your family members really are your best friends, so treat them accordingly.
- Finances can be fun and exciting when you're planning, saving and paying off debt.
- Time heals the heart.
- I'm strong....mentally, physically and emotionally. They say "God will not give you more than you can handle." Then God must think I'm a bad ass! :)
- Life only gets more complicated the older you get.
- Live in the moment...the here and now. Don't worry about the future or the past. It will all work out.
- It's good to get outside. Turn off the phone. Read a book. Simply ponder, think and pray.
- It's okay to feel angry, sad, frustrated, hurt, disappointed, forgotten, and rejected, but don't let those feelings linger too long. It's too exhausting...God will always love you, think of you, care for you.
Faith in God includes faith in his timing <<< easier said than done. Committing to faith, trust and complete reliance on the Lord includes believing in His timing and trusting in His plan.
If you told my 18 year old self about all the trials and experiences I would go through in a short 9 years, I would not believe I could get through it. But I have. And I will! I feel so strong. Ready for the next 9 years. I know it's going to be incredible.
|My girlfriends in October 2006 - ready for an 80's party!|
|July 2015 - Pondering on my in-laws front porch in Heber, UT|