Thursday, October 14, 2010

This post is long over due...

It's been a while. That is because we have had so so many changes in the last couple months. Like, A TON of changes. The following "post" was written on 8/11/10, but I didn't post it because as I was writing, I received a call from UVU about a job. UVU was my first choice because Brady works here, goes to school here and we love Utah county!

So I really didn't know what was going to happen, but in the end I worked at the University of Utah Hospital for 7 weeks. I got a job offer from the Behavioral Science Dept. at UVU and could not turn it down. I've been at UVU for a week now and I am sooo happy with the change. It's amazing how thing just seem to work out!

I now give you, my post written on 8/11/10.

I, Brittany Fish, got a job!!!!!! I am so excited right now!!!!!!!!!!! It is the best job I have applied for and I just can't even believe how blessed I have been.

As some of you may know, Brady and I had to move in with his parents in Heber, UT because I could not get a job anywhere for over 3 months. I was extremely sad to leave our perfect, cute apartment and our ward. I was just called into Young Womens! But Brady and I knew we couldn't do it anymore.

We have been in our new, tiny bedroom for a month now and it is honestly the best thing ever. It is so funny how one second you can be so distraught and the next moment so very peaceful. I have absolutely loved living here for the past week and I know I will enjoy it for months to come.

The job search was very discouraging. I have never had a harder trial in my life. I had applied for over 70 jobs and had only 3 interviews. Talk about depressing! I was super close to getting one of the jobs too, even had a 2nd interview. But in the end, I had nothing. I couldn't compete with people who had masters degrees and 15 years experience!

When I applied for this job, I was basically a robot. Find a job, click apply, upload resume, rewrite cover letter, done. I kept an Excel spreadsheet of my current jobs applied for, the location and what the position was. Once I got an e-mail rejecting my application, I would take it off the list. The most I ever had applied for at one time was 32.

I applied on July 28. I got a phone call on August 3 asking if I could interview the next day. Of course I said yes. My interview went extremely well. I was there for an hour and a half. I felt really good about it, but I didn't want to get my hopes up.

Okay, so what is the job?! I am going to be an Executive Secretary for the CARMA Center at the University of Utah Hospital. WOW, right? CARMA stands for Comprehensive Arrhythmia Research & Management Center.


Now onto the important stuff. I have been praying and fasting for a job since the beginning of April. I was on the verge of being obsessed with finding a job. I would search for jobs online for hours. In the beginning I was picky, but by the end I was applying for everything, even in other states.

My dad organized a family fast last Sunday, August 1. It was the last day at "our" ward and I was very emotional I knew Heavenly Father had a plan for me, but at the time I really couldn't see past a day. My whole family fasted, including my in-laws.

Monday morning, I got an e-mail from a company in American Fork who wanted to interview me on Tuesday. Tuesday afternoon I get an phone call from the U wanting to interview me on Wednesday. Wednesday morning I get an email from another company wanted to interview me next Tuesday. Wednesday afternoon I get a call from yet another company wanting to interview me next Wednesday.

The blessings just started POURING down. When it rains, it pours. It was one of the most awesome experiences I have ever had because everyone's faith and prayers revolved around ME! Can you believe that? Not even 5 days later and I have an awesome position offered to me!!

All I can say is THANK YOU! Thank you to my family, friends and co-workers at UVU. I could sincerely feel the support and prayers this past week. Now I know what people are talking about when they are sick and say they can literally feel the prayers being said on their behalf.

This is going to be a journey to say the least. The hospital is in Salt Lake City on the University of Utah campus. After a year, Brady can transfer to the U and receive tuition benefits. We have health insurance! This is the best!

All the benefits apply to UVU as well, except instead of a 50% tuition discount, tuition is free :)

We have been in Heber for 2 and a half months now, and we have no complaints!! Brady and I both get along great with his parents, and we have adjusted to the small space just great. I'm so grateful to have such awesome in-laws! THANK YOU!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Busy busy! How awesome you got a job at UVU AND that he will get tuition free. How perfect! I'm sure it wasn't fun but I bet it was worth the wait to get a job you like instead of 'just another job.' I'm glad you were able to find a perfect job so quickly after all the fasting and prayers. Amazing how the Lord works. So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so awesome Brit!! I love when things like that happen because of your faith and how it draws you closer to the Lord. woot woot! I had no idea you guys moved from provo! Sounds like you guys are doing awesome. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete